MICROSPHERES FOR THE TREATMENT OF LIVER CANCER
The company plans in the near future to launch its own production line of nanostructured yttrium-90 microspheres, which are used in treating primary and metastatic liver cancer and prostate cancer.
In the course of its research and development work, BEBIG:
1. Developed and applied Yttrium-aluminosilicate glass (YAS glass) melting technology
2. Developed and applied technology for producing microspheres from YAS glass
3. Developed and applied technology for radiating YAS microspheres in the research nuclear reactor IVV-2M of the Institute of Reactor Materials, and obtained microspheres based on radionuclide yttrium-90
4. Developed and applied technology for filling yttrium-90 microspheres
5. Developed and applied technology for monitoring the quality of yttrium-90 microspheres
6. A trial batch of devices has been developed and prepared for introducing yttrium-90 microspheres to patients and a trial batch has been launched
7. BEBIG LLC has developed a transport and packaging kit for yttrium-90 microspheres to be supplied to medical institutions
8. A trial batch of yttrium-90 microspheres has been launched;
9. Yttrium-90 microspheres have undergone the technical and biological testing required for registration with the Federal Service for the Supervision of Public Health and Social Development (Roszdravnadzor);
10. Preclinical testing of yttrium-90 microspheres has begun;
11. Clinical testing of yttrium-90 microspheres has been arranged and medical technology developed.
Glass microspheres made from an alloy based on yttrium oxide, aluminium oxide and silicon dioxide, containing radionuclide 90Y have a specific radioactivity exceeding 74 Gbq/g. The half life is 64.2 hours (2.68 days) and the final decay product is the stable 90Zr.
|Patent for invention|